Sunday, February 22, 2009

Squash/Zucchini Planted, Unexpected Flowers


 Last year I had no luck with squash, due to the dreaded squash-vine borers, but this year I've decided to try again. I picked up two packets of seeds, 1 zucchini and 1 yellow squash. I planted the seeds Wednesday night and they are already looking great. I plan on moving them to the sunny window in a day or two. I put 4 seeds in each pot, and there are 1 to 2 sprouting in each.

When I was watering the plants this morning I found that two of the tulip bulbs I planted last fall are sprouting. I planted a total of 10, so we'll see if I get any more. I have to say I am pretty happy with the two though. I'll put up pics when they bloom.

I also found an interesting looking flower at the top of the onion. It hasn't opened yet, but the shape is intriguing. 

No comments: