Sunday, June 7, 2009

Veggie Update

The vegetable garden is really doing well. I haven't gone to the farmer's market in weeks and we've been eating like kings. Squash, tomatoes, okra, green beans, onions, pepper (notice no "s"), swiss chard and plenty of herbs. 

Sugar Pumpkin. 
Hopefully the Squash Vine Borers don't destroy the entire plant before I'm able to see this one ripen.  

Sun Gold Tomatoes. These are so incredibly tasty I can't see us planting any other type of cherry. We just can't get enough of them.

Brandywine.
Until just a few days ago when I spotted a few more tiny ones, this big guy was the one great hope. The production has been so bad on these, that tasty or not I don't think I'll be planting them again. Next year I'll try Cherokee Purple instead.
Romas. 
These have just started ripening in the last day or two. I'll be making some spaghetti tonight. Mmmm!
Octopus Swiss Chard. 
Really it's just plain old swiss chard, but the twisty stems remind me of a certain sea creature. If I was ESP I'd be adding some really cool pics here :)

Okra.
Like the zucchini, these guys can get really big really fast if you aren't paying attention.

Zucchini.
Still hanging in there. From this picture you'd never guess that I've cut into every one of these and lost half. Obviously, I overplanted the bed. Who knew vines could grow like this :)

No comments: