Thursday, November 12, 2009

Saving the Fall Harvest


I had seen a few holes in the leaves over the weekend, but didn't think much of it. I should have known better and next season I will. By Wednesday morning things were getting out of hand. It's amazing the damage a few little caterpillars can do. I believe that I would have lost all of the cabbage, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, and kholrabi if I had waited a few more days. I picked off all of the caterpillars I could find and then sprayed Bt all over everything. I think even the most damaged plants will pull through ok.

Cabbage
Another cabbage view
One of the culprits

1 comment:

Iris said...

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed a few little holes in my cauliflower and broccoli leaves this afternoon but didn't truly investigate. I'll be sure to check them out tomorrow morning.