Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Soldier Bug Update

Today I looked closer at what I thought were "Spined Solder Bugs", which are beneficial insects. I found three of them sucking from a tomato. Well, I was thinking that it didn't seem like a very beneficial thing to do so I took another look at the Texas Bug Book and found that they are stink bugs. So I now have the trifecta on my cherry tomato plants, Tomato Horn Worms, Leaf-Footed Bugs and Stink Bugs. I will try and get a picture tomorrow while I am removing them.

I like the Texas Bug Book but wish it was organized a little differently. It would be nice if there was an index that was organized by the type of plant the bug was found on. I find that I usually have to look through the entire book a few times before narrowing down the culprit.

1 comment:

Iris said...

Not a trifecta anyone wants to win! My summer tomatoes succumbed to spider mites. I hope you don't get those, too.